Pumpkin for Upset Stomach in Dogs
Pumpkin has many benefits for dogs aside from being a great fall decoration. Please consult a vet or nutritionist before changing any diet plans. If symptoms of upset stomach continue for more than a week please consult a veterinarian.
5 reasons to feed dogs Pumpkin:
1. Pumpkin (in a can) is a great to use for dogs with upset stomachs and will help harden stool. This type of pumpkin should be purchased at a pet store or organic shop. Make sure that it is pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.
2. It will help slow digestion and has a large amount of the anti-oxidant beta-carotene. Put a teaspoon or two (depending on the size of dog) of pumpkin on top of food for 4-6 days or until you see improvement.
3. Pumpkin is also helpful with constipation with its high fiber and water content. If you see your dog straining to go number two try some pumpkin on his food.
4. Most dogs love the taste of it. A great ingredient for homemade dog treats.
5. Good to add to food for overweight dogs since pumpkin will make the dog feel full.
As with anything you feed your fur companion it is best to get organic and make sure it is 100% pumpkin with no additives. Happy Halloween and keep the candy away from your dogs!